Need advise to buy an iPhone without the contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lookez, Aug 12, 2008.

1. lookez macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm going to visit the USA on november and I really want to buy an iPhone. Of course I can't sign a 2-year contract. My questions is: HOW to get the iPhone without the contract.

I contacted a friend and he told me that I would have to pay extra 170 dollars, is this information correct? I just go to the store and tell that I wanna buy a iPhone without the contract?

Since now thanks fellas.

2. appleguy5211 macrumors member

You wont be able to get one. You need a valid US I.D/Passport/Military ID and a social security number to even get your hands on a phone.

You could just buy one online.

3. lookez thread starter macrumors newbie

My friend is not from the US and he got one, any clues?

4. appleguy5211 macrumors member

does he have a work visa and work SSN? If he had those he could get one. He probably had to pay a deposit though. Not sure. All i know is that apple employees ask for your ID (whether it be State ID/DL, military ID or passport) and a valid SSN.

5. chomby1991 macrumors member

Get one of us aussies to get you a prepaid one from Optus(A$849) and then an extra $80 for to unlock through optus and then postage and handling. then probably after that A$950 convert it to US$950 for a small profit in our favour. Im up for it.