Need Advise

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ericatomars, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Ericatomars macrumors regular

Okay I heard that apple was going to start selling unlocked phones? I mean it would be insanely expensive i'm sure.. but i refuse to give AT&T my money!
    Right now I have verizon but I cant stand my phone (lg dare) I have a few more months on contract... Is it possible to get a new 3gs unlocked and with t-mobile? and if so how would i go about doing that?

Thanks in advance, hopefully someone can help me out!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

maybe not the one you were looking for?

As to the actual question, eBay is your friend. But my understanding is that no 3GS have been sold in the U.S. without contract officially meaning that even if you bought a phone that was legitimately unlocked by Apple, it would not be serviceable in the U.S. only in the country of purchase, say France. I would doubt that Apple would start selling these unlocked phones anytime soon, they sorta just trickled out randomly in the past...

3. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

The who uses phrases like iThought and iThink doles out grammar advice. At least the OP wasn't intentionally annoying.

Apple will most likely not sell unlocked phones in the US. They are tied to ATT and the best you can hope for directly from Apple is paying full price ($600 and $700) for no-commitment, meaning you wouldn't have to sign a contract. It would still be tied to ATT though, but there should be ways to get around that.