Need airport express advice...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bigdawg4, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Bigdawg4 macrumors regular

First of all, I'm not the most tech savvy Apple guy around. I have wind stream as my internet provider and I have to upgrade my ancient Links router. I have been slowly buying Apple products to replace my windows based products over the last couple of years. I have an iPhone, iPad, Apple tv and a MBP? So I asked myself what router would be best to use with all of these Apple goodies, surely an apple router like the airport express base station would be ideal. My current router is plugged into a Dell computer that is 6 yrs old. Will an AE work for me? Is it a good router with plenty of strength for distance to travel in my home through a few walls and at least 100 feet. Can someone walk me through this?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I used an AirPort Express for an environment similar to yours for many years, with excellent results. I only recently upgraded to the AirPort Extreme, to take advantage of other capabilities. The AirPort Express should serve you well.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The AirPort Express is a good router however it does have a few down faults. You can only use a USB printer with it and not a hard drive, it only has 10/100 WAN and LAN ports, and it is only wireless N. On the plus side you do gain AirPlay capability which is unique to the Express.