Need Album Artwork . . . FixTunes ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lugesm, Dec 1, 2007.

1. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Just switched to the Mac and all of my CDs were ripped on my windows machine. I moved the mp3s over, but would like to get album artwork for some of them.

Found a $9.95 utility that promises to do the job. The program is FixTunes, free download but $9.95 for purchase.

Does anyone have experience with this program?
    Is there a better way?

I am aware that the problem can be solved via iTunes, but I don't have an iTunes account and have no desire to open one, as I only buy CDs and rip to get mp3s.

Thanks for your help.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You can use the "Get album artwork" from under advanced. I think you need an iTunes account to do that but it is free to setup and you don't need to pay to get the artwork.

I don't have experience with that program.

3. cube macrumors G5

It sucks to have to register with iTunes for this. So I keep on using Export Artwork.

4. lugesm thread starter macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Looked up "Export Artwork" and it seems similar to "FixTunes" mentioned in my original post.

Anyone know which is better?

5. taffysaint macrumors newbie

fixtunes

I bought fixtunes on Sunday and thus far have been completely unable to get it to do anything remotely useful. It seems it definitely worked on Windows and I am very new to Mac so it could be me but I can't work the thing out!

On the occasions it doesn't crash it does seem to find some information but i have yet to work out how to get it to apply that knowledge to my still broken music collection. Hope this helps!

6. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

There is a widget that will find the artwork on Amazon and import it right to Itunes. It works great and is very easy. You can find it at:

Have fun!

7. lugesm thread starter macrumors 6502a

lugesm