Need All Your opinions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ajohnson253, Mar 6, 2009.

  1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

    ajohnson253

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    #1
    I have the unibody 15" 2.4 mbp.
    Pricing on it is 1900 pretty much right.

    Now the pricing on a 2.4 macbook unibody the 13" is 1,599 with the backlit keyboard.

    Now On the Mac all I do is the basic of things you could possibly do on a computer. Surf the web, download music, work on some word documents. Edit some pics here and there.

    Would it be better for me to do an exchange and just save myself a few hundred more dollars. But I also like the screen size on this MBP the extra 2.4" is the main reason why I went with the MBP.

    Also on the macbook I have been hearing that the color seems to be more washed out is that true?

    Over all here I am asking, will I notice a difference in performance at all downgrading to the unibody 13" macbook 2.4GHZ from my unibody 15" 2.4 GHZ
     
  2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #2
    It depends how important portability is in your decision making process. I exchanged my uni 2.0 for a uni MBP 2.4. I had issues with the quality of the MB screen, (there's tons of threads on this forum and many articles on the web about this issue) but I don't lug my pro around like I did my book.

    If you intend to do a lot of travelling, or if you will use your laptop with an external monitor at a desk, stick with the mb. Otherwise, try the pro.
     
  3. mik34 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2008
    #3
    Go with the MB

    Sounds like you're not going to do intense "pro" work on it, so I recommend the MB. Yes, the screen has issues if you're not right in front of it, but why wouldn't you be? Plus it's smaller and a little more portable.

    But if you NEED the larger screen (doesn't sound like you do), then stick with the MBP.

    Save the extra dough and add some nice accessories.
     
  4. smooth macrumors 6502

    smooth

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Location:
    Detroit
    #4
    Being that you already have the MBP and the price was not an issue before purchasing it, I'd say keep it - unless you need a few hundred bucks for something else.
     
  5. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

    GfulDedFan

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    Location:
    Indiana
    #5
    It really depends on how you come out on this exchange. $1999 less re-stock fee?, depreciation fee?, difference of market price for sale of used?. Point is, it may end up closer to an even exchange than you think and if the question was posted as: Would you do an even exchange on a MB and a MBP? that would be a no.

    One more opinion: the new white polycarbonate will perform well for what you do so your $$ savings from the exchange goes up even further.
     
  6. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

    ajohnson253

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    #6
    I made a decision, I am just going to keep this unibody 15".
    Why not, the screen is perfect. The computer is perfect.
    It does its just, money is not an issue I am doing monthly payments on this with a star card, and it was also tax free becaues I purchased off base. With your first purchase its 10% off. So i got that discount and then didnt get charged for tax. Got actually a pretty good deal, 1,800. it works for me
     

Share This Page