Need an Aapp that will send SMS once connected

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MikeonTV, Apr 9, 2011.

1. MikeonTV macrumors regular

I travel to work on the Metro and I use SMS a lot. It would be nice if I could write my SMS's and hit send and they would send once I'm back up above ground. Is there an app for this?

Currently I have to copy the text and resend it if the SMS fails.

2. vettori macrumors 6502a

No app can send SMS without users confirmation, it's not allowed.

I'm also not sure if an app can get the cellular signal level, and even if it could, it would need to run in the background and this also is not allowed unless for very specific tasks (gps monitoring, voip, audio playback).

Your best bet at the moment is to write the texts on an app and send them manually when you have cellular signal.
    Our app Group Text! may help, using templates you can write multiple texts when you have no signal and later easily pick them to send when the signal is present, of course it works with single recipients too.

3. cpanc1984 macrumors newbie

I travel in a sub too and I use Heywire app. I just type the sms and hit send. It will show up as an error due to signal problems when I am in the sub. But as soon as the signal is received the sms is send out automatically. You can try it.

4. vettori macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; it-it) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Heywire like many others uses Internet gateways to send texts (with some limitations with respect to "regular" texts sent by the phone). So it doesn't have the limitation that user confirmation is required.

Anyway unless it violates the background rules, the app has to be open to "sense" there's Internet connection and retry failed texts.