Need an Accounts Guru Pa Lease

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DaBrain, Dec 5, 2009.

1. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Can any accounts Guru please help me with the below issue:

I have owned 2 macs and just got my 84 year old mom a mac mini running SL 10.6.2 that IM trying to set up. I have tried parental and standard accounts but IM not accomplishing what I need to do to keep her from changing things. I want to make it simple for her.

Her main interest is games. I have installed from my admin account several games that work under admin. BUT, no matter what I try to do, they will not run under her account.

I have tried a Parental account for reasons stated above and the games will not run. I have changed her account to a standard account and they still will not run. I have even installed a admin tested game directly from her account and it still will not run.

I have no problem what so ever running these games from my admin account. I just can not get them to run logged on to her account. I have read and read on this issue but there's gotta be something IM missing and for the life of me I can not figure this out.

Can not the Mac share applications like these with another user account? Im just stumped on this!

I have had Macs for 4 years BUT I have not needed to create user accounts other then when I set the systems up for only my use.

Can some Guru please tell me what I need to do. Thank You in advance. ;)

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Most likely there are some support files and preferences that are not saved onto the non-admin account that are necessary for the game to run. You will probably have to install the game from within the non-admin account. The install program should ask for admin privileges when doing so. This is excactly why many programs ask if you want to install for one user or all users when running the install program. The support files and preferences are installed for each account when selecting to install for all users.

3. DaBrain thread starter macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Thanks for your reply. But, I did state "I have even installed a admin tested game directly from her account and it still will not run."

And yes it did ask me for me admin privs, other wise I could not of installed the game with in her account. That's why IM stumped!--)))

Any other ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated and Thanks again! ;)