need an advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JohnForest, Jul 29, 2007.

1. JohnForest macrumors newbie

i have decided to buy my first Mac. what MAC is the most reccomended if i want to use graphic & design softwares?? plz help me and give me some advices...:confused:

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

How much money have you got? Do you want a portable or a desktop?

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I agree with the beautiful Blue Velvet, it comes down to whether you want a laptop or a desktop. Obviously the top of the range Mac Pro will be the best in terms of performance, but not necessarily in terms of value or ease-of-use (portability). You'll probably want something with a dedicated graphics card, a decent hard drive (size and speed) and a good screen. Back to the basics though; laptop or desktop? :)

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I would recomend that you go with a Mac Pro unless you need mobility- in which case go with a MacBook Pro. :)

5. tristan macrumors 6502a

For graphic design work, you generally need a big screen and a relatively powerful machine. That means the PowerMac with a nice external monitor, or a 24" iMac. On the other hand, if your cash strapped, plenty of people get by with less expensive but less powerful systems.

That's just some general advice though. Tell us more about your plans for the machine and we can get more specific.