Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark200789

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
I rip a lot of video files, and none of them are in a format Quicktime can understand because Quicktime is living in 2005 or something. MP4 and MKV are not usable. It doesn't even like videos out of my DSLR. I would like to be able to cut clips out of my videos without loading them into some huge expensive video processor like premier and media encoder. Is there anything that can trim a video the way quicktime does but has the codecs to handle anything? I hate having to convert whole movies in handbreak just to crop them. Thanks!

mrjimmy

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2009
Thanks for these offerings. However, do you know if there is there one that works on Ventura?
I realised that after my updgrade to Ventura avidemux stopped working, Quicktime doesn't seem to be that happy anymore on some of MP4 files, Losslesscut doesn't like the codecs wither and Vidcutter isn't supported. :=(

Googling for these is next to useless due to the spammy CEO webpages out there pushing their own products, so if anyone has any more personal suggestions, it would be great

mrjimmy

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2009
Yes, they all work now. I rebooted and all of the editing stuff is now working. Thanks to those who replied.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.