Need an app which can restart an app :-)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by btrotter, Feb 1, 2011.

1. btrotter macrumors newbie

I have Teamviewer installed on a Mac in a remote location. For various reasons, Teamviewer oftentimes crashes, or people at the location will close it and forget to restart it.
    I am trying to find an app that can always keep Teamviewer running. So when Teamviewer stops running, it will restart it, or the app can automatically restart it once a day.

Can anyone point me to such an app?

Thank you!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. btrotter thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually ran across that before I posted this and tried it out. Either it didnt work, or I goofed something up with the .plist file, probably the latter. This was going to be the method I tried to figure out if no one else had another suggestion. Thank you for your quick reply.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I know that Teamviewer has an option to disallow shutting down without a password when installed on Windows, but I don't see that option on Mac. Of course, that doesn't help with crashes. However, if it's crashing frequently, I would investigate the cause of that, because that's not normal. I use TV daily and have found it to be extremely reliable.

5. koolcid macrumors newbie

I whipped this up on AppleScript editor Real quick, but it should do the job... let me know if it gives you some error and I'll fix it:D

6. koolcid macrumors newbie

Ooops I forgot the attachment :D

Attached Files:

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

With all due respect, I would be very cautious about downloading and running a script from someone I don't know, especially if they're brand new to this forum and apparently are just learning how to write scripts. It's great that you want to learn, but I prefer not to experiment with my Mac. Others may feel more adventurous or trusting, but no thanks.

8. koolcid macrumors newbie

Alright no problem.