Need an earlier version of Final Cut for G5

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by WalnutSpice, Mar 10, 2016.

1. WalnutSpice Suspended

WalnutSpice

So I'm not having any luck getting my legit Final Cut 4.5 disk to install on my G5. I'm going to try a fresh install of OS X on another partition but if that doesn't work I'd like to find an earlier version of Final Cut that 4.5 but have had no luck finding a legit DVD / CD online anywhere. Any suggestions? I was also thinking an earlier version would probably run smoother on here as well. Really really need that GPU upgrade soon.

Hm, thinking of it I should try to install the Final Cut 4.5 disk I have on my MacBook under Snow Leopard..

2. tdbmoss, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016

tdbmoss macrumors regular

tdbmoss

They should all work on a G5 apart from the latest "X" versions - Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP6) was officially supported on G5s and Final Cut Studio 3 (FCP7) was officially supported only on Intels but was actually shipped as a Universal Binary so can be forced to install on G5s - so your older version should be fine as well. If you have a low-end graphics card like the 5200 the newer versions will probably complain about that, there is a workaround to make it run but probably worth upgrading or it may not run properly.