Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
My wife needs a case that comes with a holster that she can attach to her belt for work. She doesn't need the holster when not at work so she wants the case to be separate so that she can just slide the phone case-and-all into the holster when she gets to work and then take it out and put it in her purse when she leaves.

Any ideas? The only one I've found so far is the Case-mate carbon fiber case+holster and that's way expensive and either sold out or not available yet depending on who you ask.

bc

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Roll your own setup.

For my 3GS I use an Incipio Feather for the case and OEM Blackberry Bold 9650 holster from ebay ($8). Works great. Something similar should work fine for an iphone4.

jllawrence

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
Otterbox is currently developing iPhone 4 cases including the Defender series which boasts a holster/belt clip. I have this same case for my 3G and loved it so much that we've purchased them for gifts. My wife and I will be ordering these as soon as they're available for the iPhone 4.

You basically stick your phone in a 2 piece hard shell with an integrated screen protector then snugly wrap in in a rubber mold. Access to everything and really clean design.

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-cases/iphone-4-cases/iphone-4-defender-series-case/

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I realize that there are cases like this being developed but I'm actually looking for something that is in existence and for sale right now. The Otterboxes are allegedly not coming out until late August and I'm pretty sure my wife won't want something that bulky and manly.

Thanks for the suggestions.

egnarts

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2008
I'm in the same boat right now. Seidio Innocase worked really well for me with the 3G and 3GS. Unfortunately, their web site says "coming soon" for the iPhone 4.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
My wife needs a case that comes with a holster that she can attach to her belt for work. She doesn't need the holster when not at work so she wants the case to be separate so that she can just slide the phone case-and-all into the holster when she gets to work and then take it out and put it in her purse when she leaves.

Any ideas? The only one I've found so far is the Case-mate carbon fiber case+holster and that's way expensive and either sold out or not available yet depending on who you ask.

bc

My wife wanted the same setup whe she got her 3GS last year and the only thing I found at the time was this (can get some more info on the iSkins website). They don't have their iPhone 4 cases out yet but I tested with my iPhone 4 in a bumper and it fits just fine. I'm not sure if you can buy the holster on it's own though so bumper plus holster would cost $50-60.

Typical Janner

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
I'm looking for something similar, but with the added 'complication' of wanting something that can be used in a speaker dock with the case (not holster) still on the phone.

All this 'coming soon' and 'due end of July/August" is really starting to drive me crazy :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.