Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maziar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
I am looking for an iPhone 4 case which has a transparent back (visible apple logo) and can work with the phone on it's dock.
Any ideas ?

Maziar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Thanks for the reply, i checked it and it definitely looks good but it doesn't protect the top side of the phone, which worries me a bit.

Maziar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Thanks guys,but it seems i can't find something without any problems.
I did a search and belkin vue case looks good but its thickness annoys me, and as for shield micra, it seems it can't work with iPhone 4's stand
http://www.macworld.com/reviews/product/587531/review/shield_micra_for_iphone_4.html
Guess i have to go with a case with non-transparent back.

Edit
I just saw Griffin Motif, which has good reviews around the web, should i go for it ?

Maziar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
hmm,it looks good,except for bad hole position for the camera's flash.
I'm going with Griffin Motif,(although its semi-transparent) but seems to offer a good protection, unless anyone recommends a better case.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
hmm,it looks good,except for bad hole position for the camera's flash.
I'm going with Griffin Motif,(although its semi-transparent) but seems to offer a good protection, unless anyone recommends a better case.

What's bad about the hole position for the flash? It's exactly where it needs to be. Maybe you're looking at a picture of the old version where the cutout is a keyhole shape instead of oval? The updated version has an oval cutout that doesn't interfere with the flash at all.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Here is where i read about it
http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/arc...review_of_griffins_reveal_for_iphone_4_1.html

The second negative is the way the cutout for the camera and LED flash on the back is designed. The area for the LED is slightly smaller than the area for the camera's lens, which reportedly keeps the flash from spreading widely, resulting in a pinhole effect.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. That is the old cutout for the back (the keyhole shape). The cutout now is an oval or pill shape so it doesn't interfere with the flash now. Look at this pic and you'll see what I mean. If you compare it to the pic in the article you linked above, you'll see the difference. It makes no difference to me which case you get - I just want to make sure that you don't eliminate a case for the wrong reason.

Attachments

• photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 73

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Why the heck are all of my pictures uploading sideways? The same thing happened to me on ebay and I can't figure out why. Argh! Anyway, you can still see the new cutout on the back so don't rule this case because of an old review and picture (if you rule it out for some other reason, I totally understand).

Maziar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
I see, thanks for the link. I think I go with griffin reveal then
Thanks again for your help.

iHeartapple2

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
I have tried a few clear cases because I too was wanting to give the phone some protection and at the same time show off the phone. I have found that the clear cases are either shipped already scratched or become scratched rather quickly. I went back to the iPhone bumper once again at work and gone naked when not at work! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.