Need an iPhone 4 case that ....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Maziar, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Maziar macrumors 6502

I am looking for an iPhone 4 case which has a transparent back (visible apple logo) and can work with the phone on it's dock.
    Any ideas ?

2. Maziar thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply, i checked it and it definitely looks good but it doesn't protect the top side of the phone, which worries me a bit.

3. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

4. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

5. Maziar thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys,but it seems i can't find something without any problems.
    I did a search and belkin vue case looks good but its thickness annoys me, and as for shield micra, it seems it can't work with iPhone 4's stand
    http://www.macworld.com/reviews/product/587531/review/shield_micra_for_iphone_4.html
    Guess i have to go with a case with non-transparent back.

Edit
    I just saw Griffin Motif, which has good reviews around the web, should i go for it ?

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

7. Maziar thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm,it looks good,except for bad hole position for the camera's flash.
    I'm going with Griffin Motif,(although its semi-transparent) but seems to offer a good protection, unless anyone recommends a better case.

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

What's bad about the hole position for the flash? It's exactly where it needs to be. Maybe you're looking at a picture of the old version where the cutout is a keyhole shape instead of oval? The updated version has an oval cutout that doesn't interfere with the flash at all.

9. Maziar thread starter macrumors 6502

10. css1323 macrumors regular

While it's basically a cheapo case, I think this is what the OP should get if he wants to see that Apple logo.

11. psywzrd macrumors 68030

That's exactly what I'm talking about. That is the old cutout for the back (the keyhole shape). The cutout now is an oval or pill shape so it doesn't interfere with the flash now. Look at this pic and you'll see what I mean. If you compare it to the pic in the article you linked above, you'll see the difference. It makes no difference to me which case you get - I just want to make sure that you don't eliminate a case for the wrong reason.

Attached Files:

12. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Why the heck are all of my pictures uploading sideways? The same thing happened to me on ebay and I can't figure out why. Argh! Anyway, you can still see the new cutout on the back so don't rule this case because of an old review and picture (if you rule it out for some other reason, I totally understand).

13. Maziar thread starter macrumors 6502

I see, thanks for the link. I think I go with griffin reveal then
    Thanks again for your help.

14. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

I have tried a few clear cases because I too was wanting to give the phone some protection and at the same time show off the phone. I have found that the clear cases are either shipped already scratched or become scratched rather quickly. I went back to the iPhone bumper once again at work and gone naked when not at work! :D