Need an iPhone 4S Case!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 4yBaK, Nov 28, 2011.

1. 4yBaK macrumors newbie

After getting the 4S and then seeing some drop tests, I decided that I need a case.

Here's one question: Do you guys think it also needs a screen protector? Personally when I had my iphone 3G I hated plastic or vinyl screen protectors.

I was looking at the ivySkin Wrangler case, as the analogue one for the 3G was actually pretty good. I actually liked the glass protector compared to what else was out there.

But is it really necessary? the 3G was easily scratched and it seems that the iphone 4 and 4S have much more scratch resistant screens.

That takes me to the second issue of scratching the body and shock resistance.

TIA, Really hoping you can help me out!

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I think you need an grammar lesson! Haha. Anyways, screen protectors are kinda... Eh. I don't use them on my iPhones because they don't seem to scratch as easy as my Android phones did. These things are super resistant. But, about that case... Shock resistance? Get a rubber case. I've used Speck's Candyshell cases and drop my phone a lot. It's amazing! They're made of really hard rubber and I love it.

3. 4yBaK thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha my english teacher is probably having nightmares right now.

I should mention that I'm not a construction worker or anything so what I'm looking to protect against is dropping it or even perhaps slipping and falling onto a side with it in my pocket.

I've learned to keep my keys in a seperate pocket as my phone after I found my iphone 3G covered in really tiny scratches

4. stickybuns macrumors 6502

Please, tell me you did that on purpose.

5. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Unfortunately, it is often the case that the Grammer Police are even worst that the people they try to correct.

6. stickybuns macrumors 6502

I generally try to avoid telling people that I'm an English teacher since the laws of comic irony dictate that I'll have made some ridiculously obvious error or typo.

7. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Lol, yes I did that on purpose. I know I'm not perfect either though, it was just a joke. So if (when) I make mistakes, don't think too seriously of it :) Anyways, the case I talked about is very good for drops. Dropped my phones billions of times in the Candyshell.

8. 4yBaK thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'll certainly check out the Candy Shell. It seems to be ok from the reviews but I guess you just won't know until you hold it