Need an iPhone syncing expert in here....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Dec 5, 2013.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I lost my PC which I used to sync with iTunes...I have a ton of music and videos and apps on there...pictures also.

My question is...I want to install new songs onto my iPhone, when I connect with my mom's PC to sync the new songs with, it says it'll delete all my old media in exchange for the new songs...is there any way around this, I want the new music, but definitely don't want to lose all my old stuff in the process.

Please advise...thanks in advance!

2. iphonehype macrumors 6502

http://thelittleappfactory.com/irip/?gclid=COeQ0LTkmbsCFY_MtAod0FYAeA

3. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

4. iphonehype macrumors 6502

Sorry don't know any specific applications. Google iPhone music copier Windows or iPhone music extra Windows

If you can't find anything let me know I'll have a good!

Best of luck!

5. ajt1995 macrumors 6502

Here's what I used. http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php
    Hope it helps.

6. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Download "Phoneview" for iphone. Works on PC or Mac...:cool:

7. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

None of the suggestions within this thread were for free. They only allow you to transfer 100 files, unless you pay for the license. I did however find a free application called "Syncios"...it took a lot of trial and error and a couple hours to find this gem, so I hope it helps someone else down the line.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It's been awhile so forgive me if this doesn't work as I describe.

Make sure the new PC is authorized for the Apple ID of what's on the phone. When you plug in, don't sync but instead transfer purchases (back to iTunes). I don't remember if that does *everything* so do a very thorough check before syncing. Then, IIRC, you can backup the phone in iTunes (and if possible I'd do an iCloud backup, too). Photos can be done via PhotoStream or by opening the phone in Windows Explorer and dragging them to a folder on the PC.

If you're sure you have everything you backed up, you can then sync the same stuff back onto the phone (it will be erased and then sync everything back on). Or if you made an iTunes backup you may then restore it.

iExplorer works on the PC and has a free trial.