Need an opinion...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by modernmoments, Sep 17, 2014.

  1. modernmoments macrumors regular

    Jan 15, 2012
    So, I'm going to wait to get the 6+ at the AT&T store. I called them today and they said that they will have stock, but they don't know what capacity or color. Honestly, I don't care too much about the color since I'll put a case on it.

    However, the capacity is a bigger deal. I want the 64GB, but am willing to get the 128GB. If they only have 16GB, I'm debating on getting it, then I can order the 64GB off contract online and sell the 16GB on eBay when I get it in. I feel like I would likely get almost all my money back - sans maybe around $100.

    Do you think I would get my money back for the phone if I sold it? I really don't feel like waiting 6 weeks for the phone.
  2. lysola macrumors member

    Aug 12, 2014
    Yes. Especially if you sell it early enough, I think you could even stand to profit TBH. You never know what the market or ebay prices will be, but it could happen. Personally, I'd honestly just wait to get the version of the phone I ideally want so I don't have to deal with the hassle of selling and waiting for the version I want. But that's just me...
  3. ZBoater macrumors G3


    Jul 2, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    My opinion? Yes, you'd get most of your money back. Stock will improve with time though, so the longer you wait you might get less for it. But you should be fine.
  4. modernmoments thread starter macrumors regular

    Jan 15, 2012
    I'm really hoping for the 64GB or 128GB in stock. Like I said, color doesn't matter. I'm hoping they'll at least have one or two over the 16GB model. I doubt they would only have 16GB, but you never know.
  5. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

    Cool Pup

    Jun 18, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    You could probably get your money back, it seems like a lucrative deal, but it also seems like a hassle.

    My advice is, if you think you can't function with a 16GB phone, don't even buy one. Let someone else get it at the store if all you had hoped to do is use it for a month then sell it for another model. A month or two isn't the worst thing in the world to wait for. Some people could probably absolutely live with a 16GB phone and not even worry about it at all, so it'd be slightly ridiculous to take someone else's phone just so you can resell it down the line.

    Do what you wish, but I think that you should probably show a little patience so you can truly get the phone you want and be happy with it.
  6. geoff5093 macrumors 68020


    Sep 16, 2014
    Dover, NH
    I'd stay away from eBay, look to sell on Cragslist or Swappa.

    For one, eBay is heavily sided towards the buyer. The person buying it can scam you out of money by claiming the phone arrived damage, they can swap it with a damaged iPhone 6 and send it back to you, then you have no proof and eBay will refund the buyer. Not to mention after all the eBay and PayPal fees, chances are you'd lose money.

Share This Page