Need another new HD.. but which one? Plz help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jonomo, Mar 9, 2008.

1. jonomo macrumors regular

Hi,

My macbook had a 60 gig hard drive, which I swapped for a 120 about a year ago... now I realized that I only have about 12 gigs of space left.. 60 gigs of my HD is used up my Itunes stuff... SOOO i wanna buy another bigger better badder hard drive, but I don't know which one will fit... I heard there's a new 320gig available... does anyone have experience with a larger drive and can recommend one that will fit.

Thanks,

J

2. dborja macrumors 6502a

I believe you can plug any drive that's 2.5" SATA. The stock drive is 5400RPM so putting a 7200RPM may decrease battery time a bit...

3. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

There have been numerous threads on the WD Passport that uses the 320G SATA drive. I got one a few weeks ago and put it in my MBP and have been very happy with it.

MacDann

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

You'll need to make sure the drive is a 9.5mm thick drive, and it uses SATA. You can get drives up to 500 gigs. The size is up to you, and the speed as the previous poster mentioned. NOTE however, that larger 5400rpm drives can be faster than the smaller 7200rpm drives, so going for the larger drive might be the better option.