Need answer about iPhone replacement ASAP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trajansburton, Oct 24, 2009.

1. trajansburton macrumors newbie

I'm going to an Apple Store tonight to get my iPhone 3G replaced due to cracks. I've gotten it replaced for this reason before but this one has been dropped although the drop didnt cause the cracks. I has some scuffs. Will they still replace it?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Nope. The cracks are likely due to the drops, despite what you say. Even if they're not, you dropped it and by your description there are noticeable markings from the drop(s). Once Apple sees the phone they'll assess the cracks and it's really their call.

3. trajansburton thread starter macrumors newbie

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Totally up to the Apple person that helps you. Some people here have had good luck, others not.

5. trajansburton thread starter macrumors newbie

6. XciteMe macrumors 6502

^ Incorrect. They don't give you a NEW phone - they gave you a boxed refurb. That's Apple Store policy for all exchanges. Don't be misleading.

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

Technically, the white boxes that contain replacements can have either new or refurbs inside. But yeah, this far out, it's most likely a refurb.

Not that refurbs are necessarily bad. They come with 100% new batteries and outer shells, so they're almost new. :D

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Apple one time replaced my iPhone with a jailbroken phone with installous on it. I laughed...hard

9. WolverineGuy macrumors member

Don't argue semantics.

10. fedup flyer macrumors regular

I don't see it as arguing semantics. Why do you think Apple sells refurbed cheaper than new and technically it is illegal to sell a refurbed as new.

11. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Not always. Apple gave me a brand new, in the original box, still shrink wrapped, with all new accessories replacement once.

12. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Really? was there something unique in the situation? Maybe the ran out of refurbs.

13. roberthallin macrumors member

Don't assume that it's done on purpose.
    Everybody might not be familiar with their ways of handling things.

14. trajansburton thread starter macrumors newbie

Why are you people so correcting? Does it really matter?

15. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I apologize for them. :D It tends to be those newer to the forum that banter about that type of thing. Not always though...

16. alansaysstop macrumors regular

just curious, has anyone had there iphone replaced for the headphone glitch? mine did it for two days and hasn't done it since, but it was a HUGE inconvience because I use my phone A LOT because of work.

17. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

My situation was pretty unique to be honest. It not only came as a completely new iPhone ( So now I have two of every accessory ) but it also came with a completely new warranty, which was a pleasant surprise.

18. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Mine was replaced due to cracks from drops (though I was at the Apple store to try and prove to them that my iPhone randomly shuts off and restarts though it was doing fine with them).