Need Anti Glare Screen, New MBP or Refurb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by md63, Apr 15, 2010.

1. md63 macrumors 6502

I wanted to ask for some advice on getting a new 15 inch MBP. I currently use a 2.2GHZ SR MBP with Anti Glare Screen. The computer works fine after a recent mother board change but I'm concerned about a future GPU failure. Applecare expires in June 2010. I was waiting for the refresh before buying and was wondering if I should go with the refurb 2.66GHZ MBP or a new i5 model. My priority is an anti glare screen and I notice that I would need to buy a high resolution screen in order to get that option on the new models. I'm not a power user and don't play games. My concern on the new model is that the text will be too small. How does the processing power compare on these two models and is the high resolution screen still readable for less than perfect eyes?

Thanks

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

IMHO the refurbs are too expensive right now compared to the price/performance of the i5s. I like Apple refurbs, but putting money in a 15" C2D system doesn't make $ sense if only from a resale perspective. They'll start nose diving in a month or so.

The screen decision is a hobson's choice - either be blinded by glare/reflections or small text. Personally I'm going for small text -- it's less evil to me than glare and reflections.