Need Antiglare Advice from Original Antiglare Owners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by groove-agent, Jul 3, 2017.

1. groove-agent macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I have a light sensitivity issue (confirmed by a neural ophthalmologist) and have problems with glossy screens. I owned a glossy screen once, and couldn't use it for more than 2 hours without getting a headache. Matte screens I can use for many hours.

The last Mac I bought was a 2012 cMBP with the antiglare option. It was an awesome machine but it's starting to have issues that might not be cost effective to fix. So either I ditch Apple laptops entirely, or try to find an antiglare solution for the existing laptops.

Is there anyone here that prefers antiglare screens (and remembers owning a Mac with one) that can recommend an antiglare solution? How good is this solution compared to a native antiglare screen?

Thanks.

2. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

My 2009 MBP has the antiglare matte screen and I love it. Unfortunately haven't found anything (in Apple products) that compares. As you already have found out, Apple has stopped using this particular screen. There are many options in Windows based computers though. I wish they offered it as an option on their current line up. Screens, filters, coatings, etc are just not the same.