iPad Pro need app for....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sjleworthy, Jan 6, 2017.

1. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

is there an app to enable me to quickly and effortlessly transfer photos and stuff from my pc to my ipad Airdrop stylee?

2. bensisko macrumors 65816

None that I know of, but would be VERY interested. Closest I know of is using a cloud service like OneDrive or Dropbox.

I would LOVE Airdrop for PC!

3. craig1024 macrumors regular

Google drive can sync your photos from the iPad to google photos then you can use the google photo backup utility for windows to download them to a folder on your pc.

Also iCloud for windows might work too but I am not sure as I don't use it.

4. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

PhotoSync is the app I use. It works over a wifi network though, not Bluetooth like airdrop does.

5. ericwn macrumors 65816

Pretty sure iCloud supports this in windows, at least to specify a folder locally to sync to. Can't harm the OP to try it out.

6. sjleworthy thread starter macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

Yes. Guys, i'm fully aware of clouds and drop boxes and all that as i use them on a daily bases, but i want a super simple, less hoops to fly through option like airdrop. These different photo sync apps look ideal. I will give them a bash

Thank you

7. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

@sjleworthy try instashare. I use it to "airdrop" stuff to and from my 2011 iMac, which doesn't support airdrop. There should be a windows app for it as well.

8. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

Why not just sign into iCloud in the web browser of your PC, and upload the pictures there?

9. jeanha124 macrumors newbie

jeanha124

He probably doesn't have enough space on his iCloud account.

10. craig1024 macrumors regular

You can create a share on windows and mount in the readdle documents app, then you can copy files and upload photos straight to your PC. I just tried it, it works perfectly.

11. sjleworthy thread starter macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

As i stated, i want a super faster easier solution than a cloud system. Almost a bluetooth of nfc or airdrop thing.

I literally want a super fast share option between iPad/pc that doesnt involve internet. There are some good ideas here, i will certainly look into things. :)