Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Is there an app or remote control that will allow me to wirelessly "record" then "pause" then "record" video on my iPad?

I need to video portions/snippets of lectures/speeches with my iPad on a stand 5 to 10 feet away from me.

Can I do this with my iPhone 4S?

pietrociao

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2013
Hey asleep, did you find a good App? I'm trying to record some hummingbirds and it would be really helpful.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Is there an app or remote control that will allow me to wirelessly "record" then "pause" then "record" video on my iPad?

I need to video portions/snippets of lectures/speeches with my iPad on a stand 5 to 10 feet away from me.

Can I do this with my iPhone 4S?
You can try the airsnap app. Try googling online, there should be quite a few apps which does this.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
You can use the volume up button on a bluetooth headset to take photos so i presume this may allow you to stop and start video as well. Cheap'ish option! That or an Apple Watch which will do it!

Ckwilson73

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2011
There are two apps you need that will work great! At home camera, and at home video streamer. They work together. You can set one up to be the camera, and the other on your phone to control and record, I've used it a lot. Both apps are free.

pietrociao

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2013
You can use the volume up button on a bluetooth headset to take photos so i presume this may allow you to stop and start video as well. Cheap'ish option! That or an Apple Watch which will do it!
Apple Watch doesn't do video, only pictures. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.