Need AppleCare... best price?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Rob.G, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

I just checked my serial number online and I have two days left to buy AppleCare. I remember last year there was a place that everybody was recommending for the best deal on it, but I can't remember what the site was. It was like $99 or so.

I checked Amazon, and they list "Old Version" at $59 and "Newest Version" for the full $149. Anybody know what the difference is?

Rob

2. Rob.G thread starter macrumors 6502

Rob.G

That's it!! Thanks!

Now to figure out if this $59 version on Amazon is worth getting; it's even cheaper. :)

Rob

3. blanka macrumors 68000

If the Mini still runs, it will probably do so for years to come. Mini's and Apple Care is wasting money. Worst you can run into is a dead HD, and just see it as a time to put in a SSD when that happens.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

5. SoCalReviews, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013

SoCalReviews macrumors 6502

I like having the option of AppleCare especially if you can find a discounted deal for AppleCare for the Mini (I have seen it available in the past for as low as $52 USD). If you want to wait there is also the option of purchasing AppleCare later and installing it before 1 year has passed since the purchase of your Mini. I did that by adding it to my mid-2011 model this year which I had purchased as a new machine the year before. I don't know of any differences between annual releases of AppleCare. It's just a subscription for warranty and support of Apple products. If you can find it discounted for your model that would be the preferred choice.