• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Rob.G

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Arizona
I just checked my serial number online and I have two days left to buy AppleCare. I remember last year there was a place that everybody was recommending for the best deal on it, but I can't remember what the site was. It was like $99 or so.

I checked Amazon, and they list "Old Version" at $59 and "Newest Version" for the full $149. Anybody know what the difference is?

Rob

Rob.G

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Arizona
That's it!! Thanks!

Now to figure out if this $59 version on Amazon is worth getting; it's even cheaper. :)

Rob

Comment

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
If the Mini still runs, it will probably do so for years to come. Mini's and Apple Care is wasting money. Worst you can run into is a dead HD, and just see it as a time to put in a SSD when that happens.

Comment

SoCalReviews

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2012
I like having the option of AppleCare especially if you can find a discounted deal for AppleCare for the Mini (I have seen it available in the past for as low as $52 USD). If you want to wait there is also the option of purchasing AppleCare later and installing it before 1 year has passed since the purchase of your Mini. I did that by adding it to my mid-2011 model this year which I had purchased as a new machine the year before. I don't know of any differences between annual releases of AppleCare. It's just a subscription for warranty and support of Apple products. If you can find it discounted for your model that would be the preferred choice.

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.