Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
You can probably do this, but be careful, Blizzard has some pretty sophisticated methods for detecting any kind of cheats including client-side scripting. It's not allowed in the TOS and they could certainly terminate your account immediately if you get caught. You might be better off using an in-game LUA script, although I don't know the specifics of what's allowed.

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
Is WoW even Applescript-able? I don't think it is, which makes the script a bit more difficult to write. If it isn't, and you are just focusing on the key stroke capabilities, then you need to make sure the scope is within the WoW program and not others.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
You can probably do this, but be careful, Blizzard has some pretty sophisticated methods for detecting any kind of cheats including client-side scripting. It's not allowed in the TOS and they could certainly terminate your account immediately if you get caught. You might be better off using an in-game LUA script, although I don't know the specifics of what's allowed.

For the record, Warden does not exist on Mac OS, which is why stuff like http://www.savorydeviate.com/pocketgnome/ still lives.

laur5730

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
Glad for the comments, but is there anyone who know how to make the script? :)

I don't a mind at all/will be all ok if I had to do something myself.
But I have no idea how to make the script, when you press F1 or another button, do a special order, x times.

May I also ask, is AppleScript only command-line or can you make UI you can interact with? So you could type in how many times to disenchant :)

Btw, I knew there could be danger, but I guess the chance is = 0.01%. I might be wrong tho

fcamilleri

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
In Your Mind
just an FYI, I am currently using applescript to AFK AV as we speak.

Warden is NOT active on OSX, meaning that you really can't get caught.

here is my script:

repeat 10 times
tell application "System Events"
tell application "World of Warcraft" to activate
key code 49
end tell
delay (random number from 180 to 240)
end repeat

all this does is activate the wow window every 3-4 minutes (afk time is 5 minutes) and make you jump. Thats it. Just hunch into your favorite hiding spot in your favorite BG and activate it.

now if only I can make a nocturnal one...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.