Need Application That Runs Netflix Canada..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yamcha, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Yamcha macrumors 68000

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to get Netflix Canada to work on my Mac with Applications like Front Row & Boxee. But since I'm in Canada Boxee doesn't work for me. As far as Front Row goes I have a plugin installed called understudy, but It freezes when I choose netflix =/..

Anyone know another way I can run Netflix on my Mac, apart from using a web browser ?..

Appreciate your help :)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Understudy hasn't been updated in a long time. It no longer works correctly.

3. tlcrgg macrumors newbie

Hoping for Third Party Front Row Plugin by New Year

Check out the ATVFLASH.com website. They have something new in the works called MiRow that might do the trick. One little wrinkle seems the URL for Netflix U.S. (netflix.com) differs from Netflix Canada (netflix.ca). Everything else (ports, protocols, reliance on Microsoft Silverlight) I assume is the same under the hood. If they have either a Canadian version or the ability to edit/add a URL then we should be enjoying a Netflix movie from the canadian site on a new mac mini by Christmas.

http://firecore.com/mirow

I am already using the beta version and the Internet/Couch Surfer Pro plugin connects to netflix but you have to manually type in your account name and password each time you use the service. I want something that you just click and away it goes....here's hoping it comes soon.