Need apps for lyrics download and batch MP3 editing

Discussion in 'iPod' started by GGJstudios, Aug 6, 2008.

1. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've been searching the forums and the web, but haven't found what I want yet. Hopefully, there are some untapped ideas out there. I found a cool widget called Harmonic, that downloads lyrics when I play a song. I know there are several apps that do this, but this one seems to find lyrics many others don't. It has a great interface, allows you to search, copy and paste, and puts the lyrics in the MP3 tag information on the file, so it's available to any other app that reads the song.

Here's the problem: to use Harmonic, I have to play each song for a few seconds. Then, (using hot corners) I open Dashboard to see if it found lyrics for that song. With a library of over 30,000 songs, this will take months! Does anyone know of an app like Harmonic, but one that will read my whole library and download all lyrics it can find, without my intervention? It's really important that it adds the lyrics to the MP3 tag info, so I can use them with any application.

Also, I'm looking for an MP3 tag editor that I can use in batch mode to put {{instrumental}} in the lyrics tab of every instrumental song in the library. I found several editors, but none that will batch edit the lyrics field.

Naturally, free apps are preferable, but I won't rule out ones that do what I want at a reasonable price.

2. indorock macrumors newbie

I second this request. I have one for Windows which works, but that means every so often I have to start up my Boot Camp partition in VMWare to get the job done. Not a huge hassle but it's a bit defeatist :) I'd rather just have OS X handle everything. If possible.

3. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

I third this request, I heard of GimmieSomeTune...

Either way, if anyone has a solution they tried, please post.