need at&t account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anniepannie, Nov 28, 2008.

1. anniepannie macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a problem. I have an 1st gen iPhone with an other SIM than the original. I do have the original at&t Sim but I don't have information about that account, needed to activate.

Can anyone help me and tell me how to activate my iPhone. After it is activated I can use my own SIM.

Thank you!

2. milani macrumors 68000

milani

This just screams "I stole/found this phone and..."

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Normally I'd say give her the benefit of the doubt but yeah, there is something fishy here.

OP: Give AT&T a call and tell them what's up. I am certain they'll be happy to help you.

4. anniepannie thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry I understand that it sounds like that, but thats not the case. I live in Holland and bought it in Amerika. It used to work with my dutch Sim but after I reset the software I suddenly needed the original American SIMaccount to apply it to my iTunes again. Maybe now anyone can help me?

5. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

u need the original one that came in it or just any at&t sim?

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Ah there is your answer right there. By reset the software did you happened to update the software to 2.2? Sounds like the iPhone was unlocked and if you updated the software it becomes locked again.

In a word, your screwed.

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

No it doesn't. 2.1-2.2 doesn't touch the baseband on the first gen. iPhone. I have no idea why it would lock out on you, but try getting QuickPwn from quickpwn.com and then trying to activate via QuickPwn.

What version were you on before the 2.2 update?