Need audio recording app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gatepc, Jul 3, 2009.

1. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Hello I was hoping that maybe someone would know of an app that does the following :

record audio but only when there is sound if there is silence I want it to pause until there is sound again to continue recording ( sorta how security cameras work with video only for audio )

it does not have to be freeware. I plan on hooking up one of my old wide band receivers to my mac through line in and would like it to record the audio from that receiver ( which spits out silence instead of static if no one is talking which works in my favor in this case)

if anyone knows of any software that can do that Plz let me know and thank you for your help!

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Well I don't know about pausing when there is no sound, but Audio Hijack Pro should do the job. I use it all the time to grab the audio from youtube videos, etc.

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Wire Tap Studio will do exactly what you want. There is an option to "trim all silence" or you can set it for a specific amount of silence. I use it all the time, and it works perfectly!

4. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman