Need Australians' help.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wolvngelz, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Wolvngelz macrumors member

Hey guys,

Currently in Melbourne wanting to get low spec 15" and local education store says they are backed up 1-2 weeks. I asked the lady "So why not I order online at apple.com.au??"

She replied "It will take them 1-2 weeks to make your delivery as well."

Stores says 1-2 bus. days.

She = bullsh*t or no?

2. bturville macrumors newbie

Hmm, i'd say no bs.

I ordered my base model (+250gb) MBP on the 29th of Feb, and it has the ship date as 10-12 of March. I'm also in Melbourne

(Mind you mine was BTO, but i think that only adds an extra day or 2)

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

She's correct. All the Macs in Australia be they bought in a store or online come in on the same plane.

1-2 Business Days is totally false. That normally means "shipping time" not delivery time. For stuff under such constraint as the new MacBook Pro it will be 1-2 days till it's ready to ship from the factory then 4 or 5 days in China followed by ages on the docks in Sydney passing customs. Then its delivered to you.

If they're backed up that far the stores are normally the first to know.

4. Wolvngelz thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man, good to know i'm not the only one deprived then.

5. danslatts macrumors newbie

I ordered my MBP (BTO) on the 27th, and I just received the email saying that it had been shipped. I'm not sure how long it will take to be delivered from china though.

6. bturville macrumors newbie

Chundles, kudos to the 'Get This' references in your sig too ;)

I still occasionally hear Richard Marsland (a.k.a. Armitage Shanks) on MMM when i flip channels, only good thing about that station.

7. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

got mine yesterday friday) from online store (with multitouch, base 15) and ipod nano 4gb, i live in ballarat

8. zgnoud macrumors member

wow bad luck man, im also from melbourne ordered my first macbook pro (2.5ghz 15" model) on wednesday night where it got shipped the next day and delivered to my doorsteps 10:30am in the morning on friday - typing on it now as we speak, hope it comes soon man, awesome machine runs fast and warm

9. leechlife macrumors member

Hi

I ordered mine today, it supposed to ship monday or tuesday, we'll see when it will be here.
    I'm not sure if all ship from china, especially if u buy the standart model without any mods, some of them might be in stock locally if u lucky.
    At least my last two orders shiped from French Forest in sydney (iMac, iPod).

I asked around in sydney today and i could find just one store who had only the 2.4 model in stock, all other say they'll come in around a week.

Anyway Australia is abit closer to china than the states, so shipment time is normally acceptable,(i sometimes recieve stuff from hongkong within 2 days)

10. zgnoud macrumors member

yeah mine was actually shipped from Sydney, so im guess thats where some of the australian stocks are at, which would explain how i got my shipped and delivered within 2 days.

11. rjtedge macrumors newbie

Which education store did you get if from? I ordered mine yesterday (Friday 29th) at Next Byte and they said it should be in on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

12. Wolvngelz thread starter macrumors member

Compnow.

I am heading to NextByte later today then. Can't wait anymore...