Need back protector with case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rustyosaurus, Oct 9, 2011.

1. rustyosaurus macrumors regular

I'm planning to get a case for my 64gb, most likely the incipio feather. Do I also need to put on a back protector as well?

This is my first iphone so I'm not sure. I'd heard some people say the back of their phones got scratched even with a case because of dust getting inside.

I would never have considered putting something on the back since it will be in a case, but I also don't want it to get scratched.

Thoughts?

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

If you want to be secure, put a back protector. I know I would.

3. spoolin00 macrumors newbie

I'm contemplating the same thing.

On some thin cases like that you may have some fitment problems if the film is thick enough, though.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

This is bad advice.

If you put a back protector on it it will most likely get stuck in the case. I've heard several times of people getting their phone stuck in a case because of this and actually doing some serious damage to it while trying to remove it from the case.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

Couldn't hurt to put one on. I have a back protector on mine, and I can't even tell it's there. I typically use a bumper or no case at all. I also have a Mophie Juice Pack Air, and neither the front or back protectors get in the way of the case.

I bought a bunch of cheap protectors for something like $2 each, just in case I had trouble putting them on (got it on perfectly on the second attempt), or in case they got scratched up (which hasn't happened at all....they still look perfect after almost a year).

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Um lolwut.

My bro's iPhone 4 has had a back protector on his + CaseMate barely there case. I just took it out now with no problems. lolol

7. rustyosaurus thread starter macrumors regular

any certain back protector? or just anything?

8. Surely Guest

Surely

I bought mine from sw-box.com

I also bought a couple of bumpers from them as well. Shipping takes a while, but it was worth the wait.