need bag for booq vyper m3

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Panzo, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Panzo macrumors 6502

i just recieved my booq vyper m3 sleeve/case and im looking for a bag that this will fit in, as it adds thickness and changed the overall dimensions of the laptop i believe it wont fit in most bags designed for the macbook pro only.

Please speak out on what bags you use with your cases preferably if anyone has the same case/sleeve i have and a bag that fits thanks!

Ive been looking at chrome bags also, but once again i am unsure of the fit

Thanks in advance.

2. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

Also i intend on having books in the bag also, not just the laptop.

3. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

5. analytical44 macrumors regular

How's the case? I'm very interested in buying this to prevent dents, do you think the construction of the case would prevent dents from occuring with a bang against a wall or a relatively short drop? I haven't seen very many reviews for this product.

I planned on getting the Northface Recon to carry it around. I just went into the hiking store down the block and there looks to be plenty of room in the laptop section for a computer + a case. Might wanna check it out.

Edit: My apologies, I was looking at the Vyper XS2 (for the 13" MBP) not the M3 which appears to be for the 15". While I do believe the Recon would still provide enough room, you might be better off with the Northface Surge as it's a bigger bag. A messanger bag probably would do the job as well, however I'm unsure of which ones to suggest.

6. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

honestly ive been a messenger type of guy for a few years now i used to rock the backpack in highschool, i like the idea of either or, im willing to see whats out there. Thanks in advance

Btw the case is pretty sturdy it has like impact points, or spacers its a pretty cood case for the mbp.

Thanks in advance!

Id like to stress one thing though.

The bag has to be big enough to carry:

15" mpb
    Power Adapter
    Iphone + earphones
    books
    more books
    pencils
    and possibly a lunch (sigh)

Also important is ergonomics, the travel time between house and school is rougly one hour which i stand up the whole time.

What tears me between messenger back and backpack is that a backpack might be easier on the back/shoulders but a messenger bag looks so much better...

Im up for a debate all feedback and opinions are appreciated and encouraged.

Thanks in advance.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I have some comments on booq in general.

To the OP I really liked the look and layout of Chrome Bags, but I do not how they hold up...

8. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

i agree, i like the look also, but i am unsure how it would handle my laptop and a few books, i would need to go hands on with one of them.

9. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

10. reel2reel macrumors 6502a

reel2reel

I just went through this bag rigamarole...

I've got the Booq Vyper for my 17" MBP and love this case. I'm not a fan of the neoprene, personally. I made the mistake, though, of buying a Booq Taipan Slim messenger bag. The Vyper will fit in here but it sure is a struggle getting it out. I wouldn't recommend the Slim Case for a 17", anyway. The strap is waay too flimsy.

So...I ended up getting an Incase Sling bag instead and I *love* it! The Vyper and 17" fit nicely in the fur-lined pouch and is pretty easy to get out. After sliding the Vyper in (okay, this is getting smutty) I have to flip the lip of the sling case over top, but it's hardly a struggle and it zips no problem. I'm so glad I tried this bag.

So now I finally have a perfect combo. I love keeping the 17" in the Vyper b/c it's excellent protection and when I hit a coffee shop or wherever, I just unzip the Vyper and keep the 17" inside while I use it, so the MBP never touches the table.

I imagine the Incase Backpacks would work just as well, b/c I'm guessing they have the same size pouch, but would allow you more books. You could probably shove one or two books into the sling bag. I keep a mouse, the charger, iPod and some cables in there no problem.

HTH

11. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

i will check out the incase backpack right now, meanwhile i got a little update, i found an authorized retailer here where i live for chrome bags, so i will be able to discuss which bag fits what and so on for future reference. :)

Im still open to new feedback and responses/thoughts.

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Like I said in the link above, the Booq bag is great ergonomically speaking, but there are some flaws. I would definitely go with a backpack, check out STM - great space, my Large Loop had a shard polycarbon-esk shell at the bottom of the bag and with a neoprene case my MacBook Pro fit snug. Also the bag is completely water-proof.

13. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

iwill google stm shortly thanks again, so far im split between chrome messenegr bag or a ncase backpack

14. reel2reel macrumors 6502a

reel2reel

Check out the Incase ripstop. That would be a nice fabric.

Good luck, man.

15. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

i have red a few reviews on the ripcase from incase and they say the bag doesnt hold up after 2 years. still looking at stms and chrome bags :D