Need Battery--Apple Store said no longer sell Battery old MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Frisco, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Frisco macrumors 68020

Asking for a friend with late 2008 or 2009 MacBook--sorry don't have the exact model off hand. Apple Store said they no longer sell batteries for his MacBook so I recommend iFixit. Is that the best place for a replacement battery?

Thanks!

2. Nychot macrumors 6502a

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Here's one sold through Amazon
    It's the same battery that you can also find at OWC.

I always recommend that you stay away from batteries offered through some asian sites. I have not ever heard of one that turned out to be good. There may be good ones, but I have never heard of any.

4. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks DeltaMac! The Newertech one looks good.

5. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502

Get the "anker" branded one from amazon. More capacity then OEM and 18 months warranty.

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Those ones on Amazon are used.

7. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Get the cheapest battery you can possibly find. I'm serious. Or several of them. The batteries for that model are garbage and last about as long as most third-party batteries. It's not worth replacing the factory battery unless you can find one for cheap. Anker is usually a good choice for third-party though.

8. ziggy29 macrumors regular

The Anker and Greenbox batteries seem pretty highly regarded at a lower price point. I have an Anker in mine (late 2008 Unibody) and I've been satisfied with the performance so far. Plus, they are a lot cheaper than the Apple branded batteries -- I think the GreenBox batteries are $40 and the Anker is $50 on Amazon.