Need Best Downloader

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sanjay100433, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Sanjay100433 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I need a best downloader for my MBP 2011. Any idea! Same quality of IDM that works on windows.Any downloader that perform same as IDM??

2. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

What are you looking for? There are for all browsers extensions that add a different UI to the download manager. The essential features are all in the modern browsers.

If you need more, JDownloader downloads just about anything from any server and processes entire lists of download links. It also works well together with various flash video download plugins in browsers.
    µtorrent is usually a good choice for all torrent related downloads.

So called download accelerators are a thing of the past. Those used to be a thing when servers still limited what they push to one client over a single connection. They don't do anything at all in todays internet infrastructure.
    Most of these are just external download managers. Just a browser extension works just as well.

4. priitv8 macrumors 68020

5. Evildude683 macrumors regular

Evildude683

I used Jdownloader before, right until the Java fiasco broke up a few years back. I tried to re-install it recently but ask to turn on the "java run time" is that safe? Has Apple fixed the java vulnerability?

Thanks.