Need Best UK Deal on 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bluethree, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Bluethree macrumors regular

Bluethree

Unfortunately I need to burn a few quid by end of financial year and am buying a couple of 13" MBP's for the office being unable to wait any longer. Where is the best deal for the 2.53GHZ in UK and is it true you can return within 14 days if an update appears ?

2. Pax macrumors 6502a

I bought mine from Amazon, I paid £804 for the £899 model (2.26 GHz). Before the VAT increase. Amazon price seems to increase slowly as stock disappears. Then it goes out of stock, and you get redirected to an outrageously priced partner. Then after a week or so Amazon gets some more stock in and starts again at a low price.

Looking today it's on at £835 (2.26 model)

Not sure about the 14 day return period, that might be only in the US. Of course you have your 7 day cooling off period in the UK, but that probably won't apply if you've used the Mac

3. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Apple do the fourteen day return policy (except opened software),I don't know about Amazon.

4. Bluethree thread starter macrumors regular

Bluethree

5. Blahah macrumors newbie

I just bought a new MBP 13" - the entry model 2.26 Duo with 2GB RAM - for £789.60 from the Apple Education Store.

You could try following this link: http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000627 to get directly to the university store.

You will have to enter a student number to make the purchase, and each student number can be used only once. You might find you can just enter a random 8-digit number.

If the Apple store tells you that you need to use a university internet connection, set your proxy to the following:
    proxy: cache.uwe.ac.uk
    port: 8080

You will then appear to come from within UWE, and should be able to make the purchase at the education store. If that doesn't work reply and I'll try to find another educational proxy. Failing all that, you could just ask a friend at university or college. You save about 14% over retail prices with the education discount.