Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffrey49

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
I work for a school who has 25 Imacs. Even though computers isn't my specialty, I'm a lot more tech savey with Windows base pcs than Apple.

Our ex computer teacher evidently password protected each Imac, with an admin username and password, which makes it almost impossible to install any software with out them, which I don't have!

I contacted him and he can't remember the password! So he says! LOL. Anyhow, I believe there is an option to reset it, but would I have to reinstall the operating system for each one to do that?

Also, I just installed 2 Netgear 600 routers which replaced some old apple routers we had. The install went well, however, I can't print to our HP 2600n printer wirelessly! I can print if I hook up a USB cable to each one, but somewhere the config or something is not right?

Any ideas?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Follow this to reset the admin passwords.

On the printers... you will need to open System Preferences on each iMac and in the Print & Scan panel add the printer to the list. It looks like that printer is on the Apple list, so the drivers should pop right up without you having to DL from HP or anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.