Need budgeting app for both iPad & iphone

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iPad newbie, Oct 30, 2011.

1. iPad newbie macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of a good budgeting app for both iPad & iPhone? I do not want to link to actual bank accounts, I will manually set everything up. I would like to be able to input transactions into the iPhone while on the go, and then have them go to the iPad to work with. I have checked out Mint, but could only get it to work if I allowed it to link to my actual accounts. I am an iPad newbie and any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. JulianL macrumors 65816

Catamount Software's PocketMoney. They have versions for iPhone and iPad and also a desktop version for OSX, Linux or Windows and everything can sync together. There's also a pretty active user forum.

http://www.catamount.com/

I notice that you said "budgeting app". The next version (3.2) is due out by the end of the year and is the version where the author is doing a significant revamp of the budgetting features so it should get a lot of extra features with that release.

- Julian

3. iPad newbie thread starter macrumors newbie

Need budgeting app for both iPad & iPhone

I checked out the PocketMoney website and it looks like it's only for the iPhone...is this correct? Can I sync it with the iPad? I don't mind paying the $4.99 if it'll do what I need. Thank you!

4. MrMacMini macrumors regular

I use and love Billminder! Will sync between all iOS devices.

5. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

6. iPad newbie thread starter macrumors newbie

Need budgeting app for both iPad & iPhone

Mint.com looks like everything I need, but I do not want to have it link to my accounts. If there's a way around that, please let me know. Thanks!

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Just out of curiosity is there a reason why you don't want it to link to an acocunt?

You could always do:

Numbers on ipad/iphone to dropbox or iCloud syncing. Create the spread sheet yourself along with custom formulas etc. Just an idea. And it will sync across all platforms.

8. JulianL macrumors 65816

It definitely has an iPad version, I have it installed on the iPad that I'm using right now. I can't remember if it's a separate download or a universal app because I installed it ages ago.

Yes, you can sync the iPhone version directly with the iPad version although I think that there might be an extra one-off charge for that because you might need to buy the server add-on for the iPad so that it can act as the master sync server which I think is an additional in-app purchase. I don't know the cost because I don't sync at all and, when I do, I plan to use the Desktop PC version as my master server so I don't need the server add-on for either my iAd or iPhone to do that.

- Julian

9. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

I use Money Dance for the Mac OS, plus it has a iPhone and iPad companion app. I think they are free, but you pay for the OS app.