Need Buying help ASAP MBP 13. 2.26 vs 2.53

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jfriedman8, Jun 10, 2009.

1. jfriedman8 macrumors 6502

My situation is a little bit different from other people's, so help is greatly appreciated.

I have a 2009 MacPro with the ATI vid card and 2.66 Quad, so for all of my power needs, I have the desktop. Main reason I got rid of my Late 08 MBP 15 was because the battery life was poor, and well, it was not powerful enough for my video editing, encoding ect. That went out for the MacPro and for portability I have since been getting by with a Dell XPS Studio 16 since it was modest and affordable replacement for the time being. Now with the new MBP 13's out and what look to be better screens (went and checked them out yesterday. The black levels were better than the original Uni MB 13, but still did not seem to be as good as the new MBP 15). The manufacturer was 610 (LG?) and the screen was 9c9e. (That was for the MBP 13). Anyway, since I have the MacPro for all my power needs, and I just need a decent screen and excellent battery life for a portable, the 2.26GHz should be fine right? All I would do is upgrade the Ram and at OWC its 68 and Apple is 90. Ill eat the $20 and not have to deal with it and I have a 500GB 2.5 drive already, so the 2.26 seems like the logical choice seeing as before tax it is a $210 difference. Thanks for the help

2. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

It looks like you've made up your mind

Go for the 2.26 if all you need is portability

3. Evolesque macrumors member

I think I have the same setup as you. I have a macpro and also decided on the 2.26 version also. Yeah your not going to miss .26-.27 in speed and everything like you said is cheaper to upgrade yourself.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

2.26GHz will be fine. There's no major advanages in 2.53GHz model, just more RAM (you'l be upgrading by yourself) and tiny processor bump (not noticeable)