Need cable, don't know what kind.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by theman5725, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. theman5725 macrumors 6502

    Aug 2, 2006
    Basically i want to start converting my old VHS tapes to DVD using iMove and iDVD. I am looking for a cable that will let me stream video from my VCR to my Mac through iMovie. I am almost positive that theese cables exist, but I don't know what they are called or where to look for them.
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor


    Staff Member

    Jan 20, 2005
    Well, you'll need something that can digitize the VCR output...either a digital camcorder or an analog-to-DV converter box.

    Here is an article on's two years old, but it's still basically true.

Share This Page