Need cable extension for 27" cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Doc750, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I checked out monoprice, but I couldn't find it.

I wanted to wall mount the display to clear up some more desk space, in addition to make it easier to adjust the monitor. But I need a longer cable to be able to run it through the wall and still connect it to my MBP.

www.monoprice.com If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. :D

thanks in advance

2. [G5]Hydra macrumors regular

Do a search over on Amazon for "Kanex Extension Cable for Apple LED Cinema Display 24-Inch 27-Inch (6-Feet)". They have different lengths, the 6-footer runs around $15. I just got mine today and it looks like pretty decent quality. It's all white and includes both mini display port and USB making it pretty easy to extend out any LED Cinema Display.

3. Doc750 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the links guys ... but neither one of those extends the power connector only the USB and the mini display port.

I don't want to have to then run a separate power cord as well. I was hoping for an all in one wire.

thanks

4. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Does anyone even make magsafe extension cables? I don't think they exist from any third party vendors. You might find some custom made ones somewhere though.

It sounds like you are asking for something that doesn't exist unfortunately.

5. Doc750 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That sucks .. I kinda liked the set up with one power cord to the screen, and one cord to the MBP.

thanks for the help guys