need camera advice

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by twoodcc, Oct 31, 2007.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i know there's plenty of these threads around, but i have my own unique situation.

i'm thinking about getting a camera. now there's part of me that says "gotta have HD, that's where everything is going", but should i really get HD? there's no way to burn it to any media, is there? if i burn to a regular dvd, then it gets downgraded to SD resolution.

basically i'm trying to decide on whether or not to get the cheapest SD camera i can find, or a decent HD camera?

i'm not professional or anything......it'd mainly be for goofing off and stuff (and make it look good too ;) )

any advice? i do like making music videos and such. and i have been paid to do a wedding before.

thanks

2. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

Well, if ur just goofing around, spare yourself the headaches. i'd love to get new hd cams but can't afford it, there is no hdtv in this country, and blueray or whatever will take years to get here, if ever this lifetime. If u were a studio, I would recommend yes (we are a studio, but a small one). I plan on milking the investment on SD to the limit. good luck!

3. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks for the reply :)

yeah i think i'm gonna get a $200 - $300 camera. a canon probably.

btw, everytime i see your username, i think "coo coo for coco crap" :p

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

See if you can find a Canon Elura 100. It's last year's model but it got voted camcorder of the year.

5. seany916 macrumors 6502

I have an Elura 100. Good little camera, make sure your scene is well lit though (all small cameras).

6. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

lol, its supposed to be coocooforcocoapuffs but got truncated on registration. if i could change it i would use ur suggestion. canons are my favs too, too bad batteries and a lens cap will cost me that for the cams that we have.

7. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks guys. i think this year's model is similar to the Elura 100. maybe not quite as good, but close enough for me.

yeah i thought that's what it was supposed to be. :)

dang, glad i'm not spending that much. i'll stick to a canon though