Need Cingular/AT&T IM or TM help - please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TraceyS/FL, Jun 25, 2007.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I have a friend that is driving to NY, and i just got an urgent message from her DH in Baghdad. He needs to get ahold of her - NOW.

She has an LG Cingular phone - without having set it up ahead of time, can she get Yahoo IM's on it? Is there a way for him to send a message to her phone number? (I have verizon - everyone can use my #@vtext.com one).

Thanks - i'm pretty worried at the moment. I'm trying to hunt on the AT&T website - but man, i'm lost!

Tracey

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

They won't let you send a text through their website unless you log into your account. The only other solution would be to visit one of the sites that will let you do the same.

I'm not sure why you posted your question in the Mac basics thread. Does he have a Mac or do you have the info for her and you're on a Mac? If so, use iChat - just input the phone number (make sure to include the country code) and you can send the text that way.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/messaging-internet/messaging/faq-text-messaging.jsp#email

EDIT: LOL I didn't see that nbs2 had already quoted the same section. :p

FWIW This doesn't work on my phone. I need to use the older yournumber@mobile.att.net or yournumber@mmode.com for old AT&T Wireless plans.

B

4. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I have a Mac - and it was the only place i could think of where i'd find a bunch of Cingular/AT&T people that could help me quick.

He can't call out - they are on a blackout.

I had found this addy format #@mobile.mycingular.com, she got mine, so hopefully her DH gets my email soon and can contact her.

She is computerless for the next 2 days :(

Thanks guys - i know it wasn't Mac related, but hey, when you need help - you go where you get the BEST help! Off to read what you guys linked - and the directions i finally found for using Yahoo IM on it is giving her a network error.