Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GodOfSharing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Hempstead, L.I., New York

Ardenuf

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2010
A1226

If your going to have a go replacing it yourself, might as well pull it apart and have a look at the LCD model number, and get the exact same one. It seems there are different front and back case parts to suit slightly different screens.

Inside mine was a LG.Philips LP154WP2 (TL)(A2), which wasn't quite right as it didn't line up with the front bezel properly, I had bought the Mac 2nd hand.

Alternatively you could ring Apple tech support and see if they can identify the exact screen from your Mac's serial number.

Cheers

GodOfSharing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Hempstead, L.I., New York
Thank you.

If your going to have a go replacing it yourself, might as well pull it apart and have a look at the LCD model number, and get the exact same one. It seems there are different front and back case parts to suit slightly different screens.

Inside mine was a LG.Philips LP154WP2 (TL)(A2), which wasn't quite right as it didn't line up with the front bezel properly, I had bought the Mac 2nd hand.

Alternatively you could ring Apple tech support and see if they can identify the exact screen from your Mac's serial number.

Cheers

Thanks for the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.