Need comments on this 4G RAM for my Alu iMac!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by k8xy4, Jan 28, 2008.

1. k8xy4 macrumors newbie

2. sailortena macrumors newbie

Have you double checked that the memory is compatible with your Mac system? Not all memory will work.

I recently bought memory from Kingston. It costs a little more, but at least it is a brand I can trust.

3. hosshead macrumors newbie

Check out Macsales at OWC.
    They have a format where you select your model and then it lists what's compatible with that model so there are no mistakes.

Their prices are VERY attractive too.
    I recently got a 24 inch iMac Al, got 4G matched RAM from OWC, it arrived the day before my iMac did so it was sweet to up my RAM first and THEN power up for the first time.
    Very satisfying.

You will also find very nice vids on the site that walk you through installation of the upgrades that you are buying from them....it's very nice and friendly for folks who want to get better acquainted with their machines and maybe not have to drive a bajillion miles to have hardware upgrades done at Applestore.

NO.
    I do NOT own stock in OWC.
    :D

4. k8xy4 thread starter macrumors newbie

What will happy if the nonsuitable RAM was put into iMac?

If the RAM is not suitable with iMac, what will happy if I put them in? Will this be harmful to my Mac?

5. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I'm also curious about this set. Will it work in the newer 2.2GHz Macbooks as well?

6. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

There shouldn't be any problems, as long as it fits into the slot. (Right?) I'm actually thinking about getting this same set, I've been meaning to get some for my Macbook and iMac, and this way I could put a 2GB stick in each.

Can anyone confirm that this is the right kind? I'm very sure that it is, but it'd be a lot of money to waste without being sure. :)

7. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

i have 3gb of ram in my iMac, and my friend has 4gb in an identical system, there seems to be very very little difference

both take 35 seconds to boot!!

8. errol macrumors 6502

errol

That ram looks like it should fit fine. Great price, too!

9. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Yep, I actually just snagged a pair. :) When it gets here in a couple days I'll let you guys know how everything turned out!

10. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

It works fine in my Aluminum iMac.

There is no need to buy from more expensive retailers. Just go to newegg.com and read the customer reviews. Plenty of Mac owners will tell you whether or not the RAM worked for them.