Need complete link to iTunes software download (for Win2000)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr. Amiga500, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Mr. Amiga500 macrumors regular

Mr. Amiga500

Can someone please post the complete link to the latest iTunes download for Windows? (hopefully it still works on Win2000 SP 4) I'm not talking about the iTunes/download page - I need the full link to the file itself.

Here's my problem:

I use an Amiga computer. I recently got a free discarded crap Windows 2000 computer to load my iPod (one of the few things my Amiga can't do). I don't trust this Windows computer enough to connect it to the internet (far less secure than a 1987 Amiga :eek:). Unfortunately, the iTunes software that came with my iPod is now pretty old and I see that the new Shuffle I want doesn't even include the iTunes disc.

I successfully downloaded the iPod updater from the iTunes/download page using my Amiga browser, but for some reason when I try to download the iTunes software, it just redirects to the iTunes/download page instead of downloading (probably getting screwed by the "browser detect" javascript). So if somebody can post a link to the iTunes install file then I should have no problem downloading it.

(Naturally I could avoid all this by buying a Mac, but I'm waiting for the "stunning" new iMac to be released. :D)

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

what do you think this Windows computer is going to do when you connect it to the Internet? Why are you using a 20 year old Amiga?

3. Mr. Amiga500 thread starter macrumors regular

Mr. Amiga500

This Windows computer has no anti-virus and no installed security software. I expect something like this will happen. I know from over 20,000 hours experience with Windows at work (just about every version) that Windows is an unsecure, bug-filled, poorly designed piece of crap. The only reason I have it in my house at the moment is because I need to load my iPod. I'm not going to connect it to the internet and risk attacks/infection when I only need one file.

I'm using a 20 year old Amiga because I was attempting to boycott Microsoft (even quit a job to stop using Windows!) and I haven't gotten around to buying a Mac yet. (and this 20 year old computer still has lots of great features other computers can't match)

But who cares? I don't want to turn this into a Microsoft bashing thread. I've made plenty of those already. All I need is a link. ;)

4. Mr. Amiga500 thread starter macrumors regular

Mr. Amiga500

OK, I found it. (and downloaded it successfully with my Amiga 500)

There's a link on the iTunes/affiliates/download page. I have no idea why it's on this page and not on the iTunes/download page. (why "affiliates"?)

I only found this by doing a Google search. I didn't "Google it" before because I assumed Apple would have it only in one location - the iTunes/download page. I was surprised to see that iTunes is also available for download on many non-Apple sites. I didn't think Apple would allow that.