Need completely blank icons

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Simgar988, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

So I really like the idea of hmm glaslart orcwhatever with the see through apps. The only problem is I hate seeing the apps! So my new idea for a theme is to just have completely blank icons that you can't even see so that you can only see the background. I still wanna be able to tap on the icons and my apps pop up. I only have one page of apps that hasn't changed in forever and I know exactly where they are located anyway so there's no need for me to see em.

Also I would need to remove the badges from the app store, mail and grocery iQ. Help on that would be helpful since it has been hard to locate on the interwebz. Yes I searched macrumors and Topeka extensively previous to creating this thread.

Please don't flame my idea. It very well may be stupid but I wanna give it a shot

ps. When the time comes, what app shod I use to rotate backgrounds on my phone. Does it use alot of memory? What's the Max # of pictures?

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Do you want a transparent icon or just the paths for those images?
    I would create a winterboard theme instead of trying to replace the native files.

The badges image path (in winterboard) is YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/SBBadgeGB.png
    and the app icons YourTheme/icons/...

I have no idea how you would remove the numbers that sit on top of the badge though.
    Dont use rotating wallpapers, but have a fading/morphing one of 8 images and cant notice any RAM change when only that is enabled.

EDIT: have you thought about just poofing all your apps and launching them from spotlight/ Kirikae?

3. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

i want completely clear icons that you cant see but that i can still click on because they are just there, just pictureless.

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Hope this works out for you. (its in there, i promise :p)

Attached Files:

5. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Thanks for the image! I'll let you guys know how it turns out

8. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

BossPaper for changing backgrounds.

You can SSH into your theme and use the iBlank icon for all your other icons as well. Make sure to back them up.

Alternatively, there is a theme for Winterboard called "Dim Icons." It's included in the default themes when you download Winterboard. It puts them at about 50% opacity.

9. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

i also would like to completely get rid of my dock image so that I can have a wallpaper that covers the entire screen
    thanks!

10. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

11. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Thanks :) Found this thread while searching and this will work perfectly.

12. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

P.s. There is a package called clear in Cydia, check it out.