Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
So I really like the idea of hmm glaslart orcwhatever with the see through apps. The only problem is I hate seeing the apps! So my new idea for a theme is to just have completely blank icons that you can't even see so that you can only see the background. I still wanna be able to tap on the icons and my apps pop up. I only have one page of apps that hasn't changed in forever and I know exactly where they are located anyway so there's no need for me to see em.

Also I would need to remove the badges from the app store, mail and grocery iQ. Help on that would be helpful since it has been hard to locate on the interwebz. Yes I searched macrumors and Topeka extensively previous to creating this thread.

Please don't flame my idea. It very well may be stupid but I wanna give it a shot

ps. When the time comes, what app shod I use to rotate backgrounds on my phone. Does it use alot of memory? What's the Max # of pictures?

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
Do you want a transparent icon or just the paths for those images?
I would create a winterboard theme instead of trying to replace the native files.

The badges image path (in winterboard) is YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/SBBadgeGB.png
and the app icons YourTheme/icons/...

I have no idea how you would remove the numbers that sit on top of the badge though.
Dont use rotating wallpapers, but have a fading/morphing one of 8 images and cant notice any RAM change when only that is enabled.

EDIT: have you thought about just poofing all your apps and launching them from spotlight/ Kirikae?

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
Do you want a transparent icon or just the paths for those images?
I would create a winterboard theme instead of trying to replace the native files.

The badges image path (in winterboard) is YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/SBBadgeGB.png
and the app icons YourTheme/icons/...

I have no idea how you would remove the numbers that sit on top of the badge though.
Dont use rotating wallpapers, but have a fading/morphing one of 8 images and cant notice any RAM change when only that is enabled.

EDIT: have you thought about just poofing all your apps and launching them from spotlight/ Kirikae?

i want completely clear icons that you cant see but that i can still click on because they are just there, just pictureless.

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
Hope this works out for you. (its in there, i promise :p)

Attachments

• BlankIcon.png
    BlankIcon.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 679

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
BossPaper for changing backgrounds.

You can SSH into your theme and use the iBlank icon for all your other icons as well. Make sure to back them up.

Alternatively, there is a theme for Winterboard called "Dim Icons." It's included in the default themes when you download Winterboard. It puts them at about 50% opacity.

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
i also would like to completely get rid of my dock image so that I can have a wallpaper that covers the entire screen
thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.