Need Computer for MIS Classes

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dhjapple89, May 12, 2010.

1. dhjapple89 macrumors member

Guys,

I am a student majoring in Management Information Systems, and though I am a die-hard Apple fan (look at my signature), I unfortunately need a PC for programs that I will be running for the class.

I am here to ask what ya'll would consider a good PC. I am looking for a nice desktop model (HP please not Dell but I will take suggestions).

Here are the specs I would like:

Windows 7 64-bit
    4GB RAM
    500< GB HD

Let me know if anyone here has any good options.

Thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I assume you've looked at HP's website for their offerings? Those are pretty loose requirements. I'd be surprised if a standard Desktop didn't have those specs at this point.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

4. Jasonmis macrumors newbie

Parallels?

It would be a shame for you not to get an iMac and run your Windows 7 applications in Parallels, VMWare or at least bootcamp. Only thing is you'll need to spend a little extra on buying Windows Seven and possibly VM software but a Mac genious could assist you with how to go about that if you buy it from an Apple store.
    If you decide to buy online, there are plenty of threads on here that can assist in approaches for installing Windows. It's a simple procedure really (Vm or bootcamp routes) and you would be up and running in no time. This is a no brainer in my opinion...

5. txnoob macrumors 6502

Seconding the iMac and bootcamp/VMware option.

There's not a prefab PC on this planet I would buy. Build one, it's seriously not hard. That said if I had to buy one, I'd get an HP.