Need connector removal assistance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rylenolflu, Feb 19, 2008.

1. rylenolflu macrumors member

Hey everyone, I know this isn't pertinent to a macbook (this is on a powerbook G4 alum. 15") but I really need help. I'm trying to replace my inverter board and I have come to a step in my repair that I am unsure of. I need help figuring out how to remove the display cable from the logic board connector. I don't want to break this part so if anyone has had experience removing a display cable from it's logic board connector, please help a noob out. If anyone can link me to a video or explain what motion or where I should be pulling from that would be great. Thanks a bunch.

[​IMG]
    By rylenolflu at 2008-02-19

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

see those dark grey tabby things sticking out of the right side of the bottom pictures, pull them back twords the cable and it should release it...i think..thats what it looks like anyway

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Slide a fingernail or tweezer under those little tabs. You pull them and they'll unclamp from the cable.

Attached Files:

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yeah exactly what i was saying, the little dark grey tabby thingies

5. rylenolflu thread starter macrumors member

Sweet thanks for the help. Took me a few hours to figure out on my own that the connector slides out and not up, lol. Eventually got to the inverter board. I couldn't find the spot on the bluetooth cable to detach it so I couldn't fully remove the TFT display. Anyway, got it replaced, and now the once unusable display shines brightly.