Need convincing

heesey1010

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
I'm almost convinced on getting iwork 08; it does all that I need it to do without buying/waiting for Office 08 (I'll probably get it midway through college).

However I'm sort of caught up on iLife...i have iLife 06 right now but to tell you the truth I sort of don't use it. never touched iMovie, garageband or idvd...yet. and iPhoto became too sluggish and it still has organizational problems and all it served for was as a decent manual photo editor.

But then again , .mac web gallery seems so cool...only if iLife 06 could handle .mac web galleries..unless I"m mistaken?

Should I just save my money for Leopard if i'm not that big of a ilife user to begin with?

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
If you don't find a use for it now, why spend money on something you don't find use for currently?

Just save your money towards Leopard. If you find you want iWork afterwards you can always get it then. :)

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Totally depends on what you want iWork to do for you.

I find it good enough for me because pages is well powerful, Keynote I rarely ever use, and Numbers does the simple homework spreadsheets I need.

But, people have been lambasting Numbers so far for lack of higher functions. You might want to read their threads. If you don;t need those functions it is a brilliant and cheap substitute for another quirky, stinking Microsoft program bundle.