Need convincing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by heesey1010, Aug 12, 2007.

1. heesey1010 macrumors member

I'm almost convinced on getting iwork 08; it does all that I need it to do without buying/waiting for Office 08 (I'll probably get it midway through college).

However I'm sort of caught up on iLife...i have iLife 06 right now but to tell you the truth I sort of don't use it. never touched iMovie, garageband or idvd...yet. and iPhoto became too sluggish and it still has organizational problems and all it served for was as a decent manual photo editor.

But then again , .mac web gallery seems so cool...only if iLife 06 could handle .mac web galleries..unless I"m mistaken?

Should I just save my money for Leopard if i'm not that big of a ilife user to begin with?

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

If you don't find a use for it now, why spend money on something you don't find use for currently?

Just save your money towards Leopard. If you find you want iWork afterwards you can always get it then. :)

3. swampfox macrumors newbie

Save your money for leopard, you might find a use for iLife later down the road though. (I love garageband!):)

4. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Totally depends on what you want iWork to do for you.

I find it good enough for me because pages is well powerful, Keynote I rarely ever use, and Numbers does the simple homework spreadsheets I need.

But, people have been lambasting Numbers so far for lack of higher functions. You might want to read their threads. If you don;t need those functions it is a brilliant and cheap substitute for another quirky, stinking Microsoft program bundle.