Need Critique: Self Hosted Blog

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by razorianfly, Oct 4, 2008.

1. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Hi Guys/Gals

You may remember me posting here a while back asking for critique of my 'free' wordpress.com hosted blog.
    On September 2nd we decided to blog properly, bought a premium theme, and went self hosted.

The purpose of the site is mainly to provide a place for:

• Technology talk
    • Non biast iPhone application reviews
    • Film reviews
    • Random Photography

If you have time I'd just like some critique and feedback on the design, widget layout, ad placement and content, if possible.
    I am personally responsible for all custom made graphics on the blog (excluding iPhone screen shots), as well as authoring content.

For reference we're now at: RazorianFly.com

Any comments are greatly appreciated. :cool:

Cheers,
    R-Fly

2. MCRunning macrumors 6502

Looks good overall. Some things you can improve is making the font bigger. The nav bar too font looks small, the banner text is too small, and the post text is too small. Other than that good job :)

3. razorianfly thread starter macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Thanks very much for the feedback, I'll look into increasing the font sizes.
    I've just published a live update to our banner, moving the text block and increasing it's size.

Let me know what you think :cool:;):)

R-Fly

4. MCRunning macrumors 6502

The banner looks much better now, now just try to increase the nav bar.

Also good luck with your facebook advertising, don't know what you are promoting, but from first hand experience the glory days are over. Facebook interns are cracking down on majority of ads. I was reaching my daily limit of 1k a day and they shut down my account haha.