Need Default iCal Icon!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XTRanger, Oct 26, 2007.

1. XTRanger macrumors member

well, I was messing around changing the icons in my mac, and being the kind of dumba$$ that I am, I did not backup the default iCal icon before changing it.

Now I need the default iCal icon. Anyone have any ideas on where I can find it? Thanks a lot!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. XTRanger thread starter macrumors member

I right clicked on the iCal icon in Applications. The selected "show package contents". Then opened "contents>resources" and changed the App.icns file.

If I did it the regular way (thru the "get info" window) it would revert back to the original icon after opening and closing ical.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Yeah you're definitely going to need the original icon then. :p

5. XTRanger thread starter macrumors member

Hahah thanks.. but any idea from where? I would really appreciate it! thanks.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You can probably use Pacifist, look for iCal in the OS X installer DVD, and then dig into the iCal.app package for the original icon(s).

7. XTRanger thread starter macrumors member

Eidorian- you just saved my a$$. I was able to track the original icon using Pacifist in my install DVDs, and I was able to revert back to the default iCal icon.

Thanks a lot man!

now only if the iCal icons shows the current date instead of Jul 17.. oh well.

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm quite glad that you were able to track down that file. I'm sure it was a little annoying having to dig through to find it.

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Buy and install Leopard. It shows the current date even when iCal isn't open. Love it.

10. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

click on get info.. click on app picture in top left and hit command + x to restore any icon to original

11. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

They changed the .icns file within the application bundle.

That's not going to work.

12. XTRanger thread starter macrumors member

Correct. I had modified the actual icon within the iCal application bundle. This is because iCal is a stubborn application- it reverts back to the default icon whenever you quit iCal-- if you had replaced the icon by going to "get info" and pasting a new icon on the old one.