Need Default iCal Icon!!

XTRanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
well, I was messing around changing the icons in my mac, and being the kind of dumba$$ that I am, I did not backup the default iCal icon before changing it.

Now I need the default iCal icon. Anyone have any ideas on where I can find it? Thanks a lot!

XTRanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
How did you change the icon?
I right clicked on the iCal icon in Applications. The selected "show package contents". Then opened "contents>resources" and changed the App.icns file.

If I did it the regular way (thru the "get info" window) it would revert back to the original icon after opening and closing ical.

XTRanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
You can probably use Pacifist, look for iCal in the OS X installer DVD, and then dig into the iCal.app package for the original icon(s).
Eidorian- you just saved my a$$. I was able to track the original icon using Pacifist in my install DVDs, and I was able to revert back to the default iCal icon.

Thanks a lot man!

now only if the iCal icons shows the current date instead of Jul 17.. oh well.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Eidorian- you just saved my a$$. I was able to track the original icon using Pacifist in my install DVDs, and I was able to revert back to the default iCal icon.

Thanks a lot man!

now only if the iCal icons shows the current date instead of Jul 17.. oh well.
I'm quite glad that you were able to track down that file. I'm sure it was a little annoying having to dig through to find it.

XTRanger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
click on get info.. click on app picture in top left and hit command + x to restore any icon to original
They changed the .icns file within the application bundle.

That's not going to work.
Correct. I had modified the actual icon within the iCal application bundle. This is because iCal is a stubborn application- it reverts back to the default icon whenever you quit iCal-- if you had replaced the icon by going to "get info" and pasting a new icon on the old one.